The Blitzkidz LLC provides after school chess coaching to students in both public and private schools in the Greater Houston Area.
REGISTRATION FOR SPRING 2020 – NOW Open!!
After School Registration Form
- Completion of the following form is mandatory.
- Please ensure that the email address is correct as it will be used for important communication. The Phone number is for emergency purposes only.
- Once you click on ‘Submit’, you will be redirected to PayPal. Upon payment, PayPal will send a receipt as confirmation of registration.
- Payment by check option is available. Check should be written in favor of ‘Blitzkidz LLC’ and mailed to 1321 Upland Dr. #6054, Houston TX 77043. Registration is complete once check is received.
- We have limited class sizes so please register early to confirm your spot.
- Refunds will be issued on a case by case basis and cannot be issued after the 2nd lesson is complete.
The BlitzKidz provides quality after school chess lessons for K-12 students. The program builds a strong chess team that competes in State and National level tournaments.
- Our coaches are all Virtus trained and background verified.
- The student to teacher ratio is extremely low.
- We provide all required material for the program like chess boards, clocks, notation sheets etc.
- Sessions cater to different age groups and/or different skill levels
- K, 1st and 2nd Grades
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades
- Middle School and High School
- Duration is 1 to 1.5 hour per week, this includes coaching and practice
- Lecture, chess boards and projector used for teaching
- Homework and personal practice using latest Chess software
- Using software, children can play against each other and solve chess puzzles
- Coach actively monitors statistics on development of each child
- Approximately 20:1 student to teacher ratio
- End of semester in-house tournament with trophies/medals
- Guidance to participate in USCF rated tournaments
- Chess T-shirt for the school team ( extra cost)
|Spring 2020 SCHEDULE|
|Mondays||Kilpatrick Elementary||Feb 10 – Apr 27||3:40 – 5:15||02/17, 03/09,|
|Tom Wilson Elementary||Jan 27 – Mar 16||3:40 – 5:15||02/17, 03/09,|
|Tuesdays||St. John Paul II – Elementary||Feb 11 – Apr 28||3:00 – 4:30||03/17,|
|HSA – Sugarland||Jan 14 – May 5||3:00 – 3:45||03/17,|
|Epiphany of the Lord||Feb 11 – Apr 21||3:30 – 5:00||03/17,|
|Davidson Elementary||Feb 11 – Apr 28||3:40 – 5:15||03/10, 04/21|
|Wednedays||St. Cecilia||Feb 12 – Apr 29||3:25 – 5:00||03/18,|
|DAV||Feb 12 – Apr 22||3:00 – 4:30||03/18,|
|CTR||Feb 12 – Apr 22||3:30 – 5:00||03/18,|
|Lutheran South Academy||Feb 12 – Apr 22||3:30 – 5:00||03/18,|
|Thursdays||Rylander||Mar – May||3:15 – 4:45||03/12,|
|River Oaks||Jan 16 – May 7||3:45 – 4:45||03/19, 04/02, 04/09|
|Harmony Middle School||Feb 13 – Apr 23||3:50 – 4:50||03/17,|
|Sundays||Temple Sinai||Feb 02 – May 17||1:30 – 3:00||03/15, 03/22, 04/19, 04/26,|
|AACA||Jan 26 – May 3||11:00 – 12:00||02/16, 02/23, 03/15, 03/22, 04/12|
Benefit to Students and Parents
- Lessons are held in safety of children’s own school.
- Offers a quality after school choice for parents.
- Convenient for Parents as no additional drop-off/pick-up
- Children get to meet and play with children from different grades with similar interests.
- Effectively utilizes valuable after school time.
Benefit to School
- School team participation in tournaments raises school’s profile.
- School team has opportunities to win trophies and prizes for the school
- Increased focus level of students leading to better academic performance.