The Blitzkidz LLC provides after school chess coaching to students in both public and private schools in the Greater Houston Area.
After School Registration Form
- Completion of the following form is mandatory.
- Once you click on ‘Submit’, you will be redirected to PayPal. Upon payment, PayPal will send a receipt as confirmation of registration.
- Payment by Check option is available. Check should be written in favor of ‘Blitzkidz LLC’ and mailed to 1321 Upland Dr. #6054, Houston TX 77043. Registration is complete once check is received.
- We have limited class sizes so please register early to confirm your spot.
REGISTRATION FOR SPRING 2019 – NOW OPEN!!
The BlitzKidz provides quality after school chess lessons for K-12 students. The program aims to build a strong chess team that will compete in State and National level tournaments.
Our program curriculum is designed by a National Master Coach and our structure offers everything required to become a professional player.
All our sessions are conducted by highly rated professional and experienced chess coaches :
- Our coaches are all Virtus trained and background verified.
- The student to teacher ratio is extremely low.
- We provide all required material for the program like chess boards, clocks, notation sheets etc.
- Sessions cater to different age groups and/or different skill levels
- K, 1st and 2nd Grades
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades
- Middle School and High School
- Duration is 1 to 1.5 hour per week, this includes coaching and practice
- Lecture, chess boards and projector used for teaching
- Homework and personal practice using latest Chess software
- Using software, children can play against each other and solve chess puzzles
- Coach actively monitors statistics on development of each child
- Approximately 20:1 student to teacher ratio
- End of semester in-house tournament with trophies/medals
- Guidance to participate in USCF rated tournaments
- Chess T-shirt for the school team ( extra cost)
Benefit to Students and Parents
- Lessons are held in safety of children’s own school.
- Offers a quality after school choice for parents.
- Convenient for Parents as no additional drop-off/pick-up
- Children get to meet and play with children from different grades with similar interests.
- Effectively utilizes valuable after school time.
Benefit to School
- School team participation in tournaments raises school’s profile.
- School team has opportunities to win trophies and prizes for the school
- Increased focus level of students leading to better academic performance.