The Blitzkidz LLC provides after school chess coaching to students in both public and private schools in the Greater Houston Area.
REGISTRATION FOR SPRING 2020 – Will Open on Dec 15!!
After School Registration Form
- Completion of the following form is mandatory.
- Please ensure that the email address is correct as it will be used for important communication. The Phone number is for emergency purposes only.
- Once you click on ‘Submit’, you will be redirected to PayPal. Upon payment, PayPal will send a receipt as confirmation of registration.
- Payment by check option is available. Check should be written in favor of ‘Blitzkidz LLC’ and mailed to 1321 Upland Dr. #6054, Houston TX 77043. Registration is complete once check is received.
- We have limited class sizes so please register early to confirm your spot.
- Refunds will be issued on a case by case basis and cannot be issued after the 2nd lesson is complete.
|FALL 2019 SCHEDULE|
|Mondays||Davidson Elementary||Sep 16 – Dec 02||3:40 – 5:15||10/7, 11/25|
|Kilpatrick Elementary||Sep 09 – Nov 18||3:40 – 5:15||10/7, 11/25|
|Tom Wilson Elementary||Sep 16 – Nov 04||3:40 – 5:15||10/7,|
|Smaller Scholars||Sep 16 – Dec 02||3:15 – 4:15||10/7, 11/25|
|Tuesdays||St. John Paul II – Elementary||Sep 17 – Dec 17||3:00 – 4:30||10/29, 11/26, 12/10,|
|Harmony Middle School||Oct 1 – Dec 10||3:50 – 4:50||11/26,|
|HSA – Sugarland||Sep 10 – Dec 03||3:00 – 3:45||11/26,|
|Wolman Elementary||Sep 17 – Nov 19||3:30 – 5:00|
|Wednedays||St. Cecilia’s Catholic School||Sep 18 – Dec 04||3:25 – 5:00||11/27,|
|DAV||Sep 18 – Nov 20||3:00 – 4:30|
|CTR||Sep 18 – Nov 20||3:30 – 5:00|
|River Oaks||Sep 04 – Dec 11||3:45 – 4:45||11/27,|
|Lutheran South Academy||Sep 25 – Dec 04||3:30 – 5:00||11/27,|
|Thursdays||Randolph Elementary||Sep 26 – Dec 05||3:15 – 4:45||11/28,|
|Hayes Elementary||Sep 26 – Dec 05||3:20 – 4:50||11/28,|
|Sundays||Temple Sinai||Sep 15 – Dec 15||1:30 – 3:00||10/27, 11/24|
|AACA||Sep 22- Dec 08||10/13, 11/24, 12/01,|
The BlitzKidz provides quality after school chess lessons for K-12 students. The program aims to build a strong chess team that will compete in State and National level tournaments.
- Our coaches are all Virtus trained and background verified.
- The student to teacher ratio is extremely low.
- We provide all required material for the program like chess boards, clocks, notation sheets etc.
- Sessions cater to different age groups and/or different skill levels
- K, 1st and 2nd Grades
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades
- Middle School and High School
- Duration is 1 to 1.5 hour per week, this includes coaching and practice
- Lecture, chess boards and projector used for teaching
- Homework and personal practice using latest Chess software
- Using software, children can play against each other and solve chess puzzles
- Coach actively monitors statistics on development of each child
- Approximately 20:1 student to teacher ratio
- End of semester in-house tournament with trophies/medals
- Guidance to participate in USCF rated tournaments
- Chess T-shirt for the school team ( extra cost)
Benefit to Students and Parents
- Lessons are held in safety of children’s own school.
- Offers a quality after school choice for parents.
- Convenient for Parents as no additional drop-off/pick-up
- Children get to meet and play with children from different grades with similar interests.
- Effectively utilizes valuable after school time.
Benefit to School
- School team participation in tournaments raises school’s profile.
- School team has opportunities to win trophies and prizes for the school
- Increased focus level of students leading to better academic performance.